It is always an honor and a pleasure to spread knowledge and experiences. I was invited to speak on the New York Lounge Cinematography Panel at Sundance 2015, and was among the talented group consisting of Kristian Kachikis, (Dog Bowl), Chris Rejano (A Million Miles Away), Dagmar Weaver-Madsen (Unexpected) and myself. Thank you to Tom Fletcher, who moderated, for the invite.
Topics discussed regarding the status of cinematography today.
· What camera choices are you making? How many cameras?
· How does the increased sensitivity affect shooting/ lighting
· Resolution issue 4K. is it coming ? does it affect your choices
· Would you rather have more latitude or more resolution ?
· How is shooting indies different than commercials
· The relationship between DP and various collaborators – Producer, Line Producer, Director.
· Having a limited budget and getting the tools to produce the images your director wants.
· Anamorphic Lensing – more and more anamorphic lenses are becoming available.
· What makes a good cinematographer on an independent film ?
See the full video below.